Join our team : Finance Officer
Part-time (flexible) – NFP Salary packaging available
Anglican Aid is seeking a dedicated Finance Officer with excellent bookkeeping, general financial management skills, and experience in Xero, to join our friendly and enthusiastic team.
The role would suit a committed evangelical Christian, eager to contribute to the financial management of our growing organisation.
The three days per week (22.5 hours per week) role reports to the Operations Manager, and is based in our Sydney CBD offices, with opportunity for flexible work arrangements.
Anglican Aid is the overseas aid and ministry support agency of Sydney Anglicans, in partnership with the global church. We seek to see the grace of God overflowing to a world in need. We support this by strengthening churches and transforming communities in the developing world.
This is a part-time role based in our Sydney CBD offices, with opportunity for flexible work arrangements.
This varied role will encompass:
- Reconcile bank accounts using Xero across our three Funds
- P&L and Balance Sheet reports within Xero monthly, and as requested
- Payroll including FBT salary packaging and superannuation
- Reconciliation of donations, gifts and bequests as per CRM (Salesforce)
- Reconciliation of project payments ensuring alignment with project records in CRM (Salesforce)
- Facilitate international foreign exchange transfers
- Maintain records required for audit purposes
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Monitoring account balances, cash flow and assisting with management of investments
- Periodic forecasting of operating position
- Initial financial analysis and commentary for Board reports
- Liaising with our external Accountant as needed
- Liaising with the donor engagement team on information required for donations received, and project teams for information on project payments
- Other finance support activities as required
We are seeking a team member with the following skills and attributes:
- An evangelical Christian, committed to the mission, vision, and values of Anglican Aid;
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent professional experience
- Experience using Xero accounting software, and able to produce various reports
- Competence with Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, and high attention to detail
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible and growing team environment
- Comfortable to lead and participate in team prayer times and devotions
To apply for this role, or to receive a copy of the full position description, please email: email@example.com including your resume and a cover letter.
Closing date: 8 July 2022
Get prayer and project updates in your inbox.