Support our rural neighbours in need!
According to the state government's Combined Drought Indicator, 100 per cent of NSW is in drought, and almost a quarter of the state is classified as being in 'intense drought.' A senior climatologist at The Bureau of Meterology has stated that current conditions are the driest on record over a 14-month period for areas of NSW, including the upper Hunter, parts of the Illawarra and Southern Highlands, and an area in the central-west.
Many of our neighbours who rely on the land for an income are struggling as water resources dry up, paddocks turn to dust, and stock feed supplies run critically low. Many farmers have been forced to buy feed from interstate as local hay and grain supplies run out, incurring exhoritant freight costs to transport it to their farms. In addition to economic impacts, the drought also increases the vulnerability of families and children, with mental health issues such as depression and anxiety on the rise in rural communities and households.
Anglican Aid is working with our partners in the Diocese of Armidale, and other dioceses affected by the drought in NSW and southern Queensland. Support will focus on providing practical support to families affected by the drought, including food and clothing vouchers, feed for stock, and water to refill depleted tanks.
To help support our rural neighbours in need, make your donation to Anglican Aid's NSW Drought Relief Appeal today!
- To download a PowerPoint slide to promote Anglican Aid's Drought Relief Appeal click here.
- To download donation slips for the drought appeal click here.
Donations to Anglican Aid's NSW Drought Relief Appeal can be made online, by phone or mail:
- Online donations can be made by clicking the 'Donate Here' button above.
- Direct deposit donations can be made to our bank account BSB 032078, Account Number 253493, Account Name: Anglican Aid. Please place your name "AAE19" in the reference line. Please email the office with details of your donation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cheques made payable to Anglican Aid can be posted to – PO Box Q190, QVB Post Office NSW 1230.
- To donate by phone please call our office on (02) 9284 1406.
The Archbishop of Sydney's Anglican Aid ABN 28 525 237 517