The Community Chaplain project of Break The Cycle Glenquarie, Inc. (BTCG) has been partly funded by Anglican Aid since 2012. The programme offers support and pastoral care to people from a low-socioeconomic background or disadvantaged community, many of them ex-offenders, to assist them to ‘break the cycle’ of poor choices.
BTCG is located in South West Sydney on the grounds of Glenquarie Anglican church (Macquarie Fields, NSW) and serves one of the largest public housing estates in NSW.
BTCG aims to help people three ways: 1- Practically, 2 - Challenge their existing thinking, and 3 - Introduce people to God.
BTCG is a not-for-profit organisation with a large number of services for their clients including community chaplaincy (focussing on anti-recidivism and domestic violence prevention), holistic life skills courses, emergency relief, a community pantry, a community garden group, Men’s shed, counselling, no interest loans, free legal assistance and a community café. BTCG chairs the local interagency group and is well integrated with local governmental services.
Please consider giving generously to this Community Chaplaincy project and the groups and activities having such an impact in this challenging, family-focused part of south-western Sydney.
All donations are tax deductible.
ABN 28 525 237 517
- Praise God for the model of engagement with the local community developed at Glenquarie and the lessons other parishes can learn from their experience in community development.
- Give thanks for the Men’s Shed, the food pantry, and other associated ministries developed by Break the Cycle Glenquarie.
- Please pray for the Rev. Stu Woods (BTCG Community Chaplain) for wisdom, insight, and understanding in all his dealings with the men and women he comes in contact with.
- Please pray for Break the Cycle’s Empower holistic life skills course for women, and for more resourcing to see this essential ministry to women continue.
- Praise God for the ever growing network of relationships between the Community Chaplain, other local Anglican churches, Justice NSW: Parole/Drug Court, Legal Aid NSW, Anglicare and other NGOs.
These are the latest 'Sorted!' holistic life course attendees. Please give generously to see this fruitful ministry continue into the future.