The Port Kembla / Warrawong parish comprises 28,000 people across seven suburbs: Port Kembla, Warrawong, Cringlia, Lake Heights, Berkeley, Primbee, and Windang. Four of these suburbs are among the twenty-five most disadvantaged in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
- 63% of people do not have any qualification past high school and
- 42% of the adult population are employed (60.3% is the national average)
“We long to be a church community that is known for both its faith and love – a love that is tangible and adorns the gospel. We long to do good in and for our community, because it is good.”
Since 2017 Anglican Aid has partnered with the Lawn Care 'n' Prayer project. This is one of the church's Community Builders program which also includes English as a Second Language (ESL), distribution of food hampers and social gatherings like a Friendship Group, Cards Night and Cuppa N Chat.
- Pray that our Lawn Care N Prayer program can be a purposeful activity for those who are unemployed and searching for more meaning to life.
- Please pray for some administrative help to manage bookings and promotion
- Pray for more volunteers next year. Pray we would train them well to be Community Builders able to visit people in their homes and to care for the most vulnerable in our community.