Latest prayer points
Latest prayer points
South Africa: Pray for Umthombo Wempilo
A ministry of Christ Church Hillbrow in Johannesburg, Umthombo Wempilo is seeking to make Jesus known to sex workers and other vulnerable women.
- Praise God for the first women’s fellowship event (pictured) that was held in March. Thirty-eight women attended and heard the parable of the lost son from Luke 15. They were challenged to re-connect their lives back to the Lord.
- Praise God for the women who are going to Umthombo Wempilo Bible study groups.
- Give thanks for the women who have given birth safely after coming to Umthombo Wempilo for help. Pray for comfort and healing for one of the women whose baby died recently, soon after birth.
- Pray that the women who are leaving sex work will find safer, positive employment.
Kenya: Pray for the drought in Marsabit
CMS missionary Norm Gorrie works in Marsabit, northern Kenya and is urging Christians to pray: “We first came to Marsabit in 1989 and in all those years since, we have never experienced a situation as dire as it is at the moment,” he said recently. “The situation is desperate.”
- Pray for peace in Marsabit. After about three months of peace, in October a number of police officers and civilians were shot.
- Many people in the north of Kenya and south of Ethiopia are experiencing hunger after four years of drought. Pray that food aid will get to those who need it. Pray too that the drought will ease and ongoing food supplies will be restored.
- Praise God for recent rains in northern Kenya. Pray for a productive harvest this year.
Ethiopia: Heading North
- Give thanks that the tribal war has eased in the Amhara region, the harvest has been gathered and food is making its way into the area.
- Pray for Heading North working with communities in income generation, peace and reconciliation training, water access and education projects.
- In the last year in the Amhara region, many churches have been burned down in the context of tribal war and opportunistic persecution. All 12 churches in the Eastern Amhara Fellowship have been destroyed and/or looted. Only two churches in a 450km stretch have been undamaged. Pray that discouraged believers in these poor rural churches will hold fast to their faith in Jesus. Pray for God’s provision as they seek to rebuild churches to provide a public witness in their communities.
- Praise God that believers in the area are often known as people who care for and love the most vulnerable, sometimes giving all they have to love others.
Anglican Aid prayer
Whose will it is that all people will be saved, and come to a knowledge of the truth, and whose will it is that we care for the poor, needy, widows, orphans and refugees.
We pray for the work of the Archbishop of Sydney’s Anglican Aid.
We pray for your grace to fulfil every good work that you have prepared for us in advance to do as we anticipate the triumphant return of our King and Saviour, in whose name we pray.
Get prayer and project updates in your inbox.