Latest prayer points
Latest prayer points
Brazil: Aid for Afghan refugees
- Pray for safety for our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan.
- Give thanks for the many people being helped by the resettlement program for Afghan refugees in Brazil. There are 126 refugees who will be connected with churches in Brazil in April. Give thanks for these churches. Pray for them caring for these people over the next year and integrating them into a new life in Brazil.
- In April, over 100 more refugees are expected to arrive in Brazil. Pray for them adjusting in these first weeks and months in a new country.
- Pray for God’s comfort for Afghan refugees in Brazil who have family members in Kabul and in Pakistan.
Nigeria: Diocese of Jos
- Praise God for the generosity of donors who have funded aid for people who have been displaced following attacks in northern Nigeria by Fulani Islamists. Pray that displaced people will be able to reestablish their homes and livelihoods.
- Pray for church leaders and pastors for God’s wisdom and direction as they lead their churches in trying times. Some believers are turning to traditional idol worship to seek power to stand against Boko Haram and Fulani militants.
- Pray for God’s people in northern Nigeria to hold fast to the truth of the gospel and keep trusting God as they suffer persecution.
Ethiopia: Heading North
- Give thanks that the tribal war has eased in the Amhara region, the harvest has been gathered and food is making its way into the area.
- Pray for Heading North working with communities in income generation, peace and reconciliation training, water access and education projects.
- In recent months in the Amhara region, many churches have been burned down in the context of tribal war and opportunistic persecution. All 12 churches in the Eastern Amhara Fellowship have been destroyed and/or looted. Only two churches in a 450km stretch have been undamaged. Pray that discouraged believers in these poor rural churches will hold fast to their faith in Jesus. Pray for God’s provision as they seek to rebuild churches to provide a public witness in their communities.
- Praise God that believers in the area are often known as people who care for and love the most vulnerable, sometimes giving all they have to love others.
Cyclone Ana: Providing Relief to Southeast Africa
- Pray for the families of those dead or missing.
- Pray for the repairing of the electrical grid and other key infrastructure.
- Pray that the damage to crops does not lead to food insecurity and famine.
- Pray for Madgascar. Following Cyclone Ana, three further major storms have hit the country in recent weeks. Crops, houses and churches have been destroyed.
Anglican Aid prayer
Whose will it is that all people will be saved, and come to a knowledge of the truth, and whose will it is that we care for the poor, needy, widows, orphans and refugees.
We pray for the work of the Archbishop of Sydney’s Anglican Aid.
We pray for your grace to fulfil every good work that you have prepared for us in advance to do as we anticipate the triumphant return of our King and Saviour, in whose name we pray.
Get prayer and project updates in your inbox.